Friday, February 15, 2008

Switching My Calendar Technology

Most of you would admit I am pretty cool and slick when it comes to technology. I drive a souped-up desktop that hums with extra memory, external drives, a scanner, three printers; I use a laptop extensively; I use digital rather than film cameras (my main digital is heavy, beefy and so manly – just like me!). Of course I have lots of software, a GPS, and cell phone.

Now I have a brand new calendar system.

I got it a Staples. I chose the black model, actually it has a black leather case. It is compatible with either Mac or PC. It is nearly indestructible! You can drop it from 6 feet (I did this twice so far just to test it) onto the floor. Absolutely not a single scratch – now that is too cool! And it keeps on working!

I bought a new, slick ink jet printer to use with it. Quite compact. One button on it. You can change colors of ink quickly, but I think I am likely to stay with black. I don’t know why, but I like black over blue or other ink.

One other thing: you cannot accidentally erase any entries on my new calendar. Hitting the wrong button on your keyboard won’t do a thing. Everything you place on the calendar stays on the calendar. Never a lost date, appointment, or to-do note – they always remain on the calendar!

And you don’t have to worry at all about batteries! Is that cool, or what?

Indestructible. Priced fairly (the whole thing, including the one-button printer, $34). Small, fits in my breast pocket of my coat or suit jacket. Smaller than my PC or my laptop. I am so happy!

It’s made by Day Timer. It’s one of those calendars like I used years ago. Green grids on white spiral bound pages. I gave up on Outlook. I upgraded to paper. I always want my calendar with me at all times, even when I am places where electronics are not permitted, and now I will.

-- George


P.S. – I am thinking about buying a Rolodex. I haven’t used one them in years, but I am thinking it might be a good idea to get one again.

No comments: