Sunday, February 24, 2008

Central Pennsylvania Writers Organization (CPWO)

I just made the following post on the CPWO blog:

I am George Sheldon, and I am one of the co-founders of the Central Pennsylvania Writers Organization (CPWO). Charles Byrd and I cofounded what became CPWO in the Fall of 1984. Our first meeting was held at Briarcrest in Hershey, PA.

I was recently contacted by Rita Morrow who was working on the history of CPWO for a new web site. I tried to give her as much information as I could.

When CPWO started, I had many credits, including magazine and newspaper articles. Today, I have 31 published books. I credit much of my success to CPWO. I wish the organization well.

I moved back to Lancaster, and so it is a bit of a trip for me to travel to Palmyra in Lebanon county. Nevertheless, I hope to get to more of the future meetings.

On my website, www.georgesheldon.com, I have some information about CPWO. Of most interest is probably this page: http://www.georgesheldon.com/byrd.html. It includes my tribute to Charles W. Byrd when he passed away. The photo on that page is the only one I know of that exists of Charles and I together.

I hope this helps. I hope everyone with any interest in wrting attends a future CPWO meeting!

My best,
George Sheldon



The CPWO blog is here: http://cpwo.blogspot.com/

No comments: